How to use and load your jar
- Before loading your jar each time, spin the drive shaft on the bottom of the jar for a few seconds. This will help keep the seal in good shape and prolong the life of the jar. If the shaft does not spin freely, add some hot water to the jar, then twist the shaft by hand until it begins to spin freely.
- How to load your jar. First, place or pour your liquids and high moisture foods in the jar. Next, add your softer foods. Finally, put ice and solid items in last at top.
- Make sure the lid is on securely. The lids are designed for a very snug fit. Even if the lid seems like it’s on tightly, it’s a good idea to give the corners a little extra help and push them down once more before blending.
- Place the blender jar on the blender base, making sure the drive shaft is seated completely in the drive socket of motor base.
Visit our FAQ page for frequently asked questions and answers regarding jars.
Visit our 'Deep Clean' page for details on how to deep clean your jar.
How to clean your jar after each use
- Add 1 cup (240ml) of hot water and a drop of liquid dish soap to the blender jar.
- Place the lid tightly on the jar.
- Place the jar on the blender base and press “Pulse” for 5 seconds. If your blender has a Clean cycle, press the “Clean” button.
- Rinse well.
See our FAQ for other ideas on how to get stains and/or smells out of your jar.
How to clean your jar (long-term sanitation)
- For long-term sanitization, fill the jar with hot water.
- Add 1–2 teaspoons (5–10ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the jar.
- Stir for 10 seconds. Let mixture stand in jar for 5 minutes.
- Empty water/bleach mixture. Turn jar upside down on dish rack until dry.
Cleaning tips and cautions
- Do not use stiff-bristled brushes or abrasive cloths or pads to clean the jar. This will dull or scratch the surface.
- Avoid submerging blender jars for longer than 5 minutes as it may reduce jar life and result in water penetrating the lower jar seals. After cleaning, store the jar upright.
- BLENDER JAR IS DISHWASHER SAFE—TOP RACK ONLY!
- Do not expose your jar to temperatures over 176°F (80°C). Ingredient temperatures should not exceed 115°F (46°C). Please note that boiling water is too hot for the jar and should never be used.
How to set up your blender
- Place blender on a flat, clean, and dry surface.
- Make sure a power outlet is available within two feet of the blender motor.
- Make certain that the blender vents at the bottom of the unit are unobstructed to allow proper cooling.
How to clean your blender
- Turn off the power and unplug motor.
- Clean the blender base by simply wiping the base and touchpad/screen with a damp cloth. If needed, the drive socket can be cleaned using a toothpick or cotton swab.
- Do not use abrasives or stiff brushes to clean the blender base. This will dull or scratch the surface, and cosmetic damage is not covered by the warranty.
- Do not use a water jet of any kind to clean the blender base. NEVER submerge the blender motor in water—this will void your warranty.
For detailed information about operating your blender model, please read your