If you live in Europe and purchased your Blendtec blender from an authorised reseller within that region, we can process your warranty repair even though the warranty is technically void as per the warranty terms and conditions.
Why is the warranty void?
While all of Europe uses 220-240V 50-60Hz, thus uses the same electronics and motors, the warranty terms and conditions state that warranty repairs are only accessible in the country it was purchased in and moving abroad voids this warranty. The reason is that each country is managed by different local distributors/companies and their purchase price from Blendtec USA includes a warranty allowance for the machines they sold. Any machine the local distributor would repair that they have not sold would result in a loss and not fair to them. This is the case with nearly all manufacturers, and even some of the largest companies in the world (such as a computer & smartphone manufacturers that are named after a fruit will not perform repairs if the unit was purchased in certain countries). Recharging repairs between distributors is never easy as labour & shipping costs vary greatly between countries, so rejecting warranty services altogether is usually the easiest move.
In addition, when a unit was purchased in Europe, it will have a EU cord. When we repair a unit, we perform electrical tests that certify that it meets local UK regulations. This cannot be the case if it uses an EU plug without a non-removable adapter.
What are my options?
- You can take the unit back to the country it was purchased in and they will process the warranty repair.
- You can opt to have it repaired in the UK for a small charge.
What are the costs for repairing an EU unit in the UK?
We have three options:
- £39 – No UK use
- The unit will be repaired, but you hereby confirm that the unit will not be used in the UK. At checkout, please use the notes section to inform us of the country it will be used in so we can the testing standard can be done appropriately.
- £44 – Permanent Adapter
- We will attach a semi-permanent adapter to the cord – this makes the plug larger than normal as it houses the EU plug inside. The adapter can be removed again to make it into an EU version with the use of a screwdriver.
- £49 – Plug Replacement
- We will cut the EU power plug from the cable and attach a UK plug to the cable. This is a hard plastic plug rather than the rubber material used in higher end appliances.
- £59 – Cord Replacement
- We will replace the entire cable with a molded original Blendtec UK power cord. This looks beautiful.
The prices above include a shipping label for you to send the unit to us (as Royal Mail charge you £28-30 for this incl. insurance).
£6.95 return shipping costs will be added at the basket. Free shipping is available if the selected repair option plus your purchase of accessories exceeds £150.
There are no reviews yet.